B.Sc – Food Technology
Food Technology is a branch of science that deals with the production process that makes food. The study of food technology is to develop new methods and systems for keeping food products safe and resistant from natural harms such as bacteria and other micro-organisms.
Since established in 2007 for the first time in Andhra Pradesh, The Bachelor study programme in Food Technology (BSc) has long history and excellent reputation. In fact keeping in view the importance and potentials of Food Technology and growing demand for such Professional Courses in India with graduate orientation our college alone designed and structured by our college alone on the entire courses offered by Andhra University.
Eligibility for the Course
- 10 + 2 with M.P.C, Bi.PC or M.Bi.PC
- Any Science Diploma like Dairy Technology with Bridge Course.
Duration of the Course
- 3 Years B.Sc Degree with 6 Semesters
- English Paper – I
- II Language – Paper – I
- Ethics – Paper – I
- Soft Skills – I
- Food Production trends & Human Nutrition – I
- Fundamentals of Food Chemistry – I
- Fundamentals of Food Microbiology – I
- English Paper – II
- II Language – Paper – II
- Ethics – Paper – II
- Soft Skills – II
- Food Production trends & Human Nutrition – II
- Fundamentals of Food Chemistry – II
- Fundamentals of Food Microbiology – II
- II Language.
- Foundation Course – II – (Contemporary in India Economics, Politics and Society).
- Processing and Preservation of Foods.
- Unit Operations in Food Processing.
- Food Safety and Microbial Standards.
- Food Quality and Certification.
- Food Processing Equipment.
- Food Additives.
- Food Packaging.
- Food Trade and Business Management.
- Introduction to Computers and Statistics.
PLACEMENTS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- All the Laboratories are well equipped.
- Computer Lab with 120 Laptops & Desktops.
- Food Technology Laboratories are funded by Ministry of Food Processing.
- Well equipped Instruments like : Laminar Air Floor, Floor Mills Equipment UV Spectrometer, Tray Dryer, Refractometer, Baking Oven, Centrifuge, Auto Etc.,
- Digital Library Facility.
- Spacious Library with 150 seating capacity.
- A huge library consisting of nearly 80,000 Volumes.
- International Journals & Magazines are also available.
- Separate Hostel for Boys and Girls provided with AC & Non AC.
- Each Room accommodates four Members with attached Bathroom.
- Each Room contains Two Tables & Four Chairs.
- Provide Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea & Dinner.
- Weekly twice Non-Veg (i.e. on Sunday & Wednesday)
- NCC for both Boys & Girls has introduced first time by our College in Rajahmundry.
- Girl’s wing headed by Capt. K. Sailaja.
- Boy’s wing headed by Capt. K. Ramesh.
- Under their able guidance both NCC units are running successfully.
- Government Sector: Food Inspectors, Food Analysts, Food Executives in FCI.
- Private Sector: Food Supervisors, Food Inspectors in Multi-National Companies.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus. 24 hours free internet provided.
- To avoid Transport Problem, 3 Buses were procured.
- Two AC Seminar Halls with Audio Video, LCD projector.
- Canteen also available.
- Guest Lectures are being arranged twice in each semester preferably one from Organization and one from Academic side.
- Industrial Visits, Industrial Tours are being organized to bring practical experience.